You have the option of using chemicals or non-chemical methods:
- wax paper
- non-stick cooking spray
- dish soap
- paper towels
- Lay the wax paper down to protect the tool-cleaning area.
- While the resin is still wet, scrape as much material as you can from the surface using a paper towel.
- Spray the nonstick cooking spray into the measuring cups and then add dish soap as well.
- With your brush or stir stick and make sure that you scrape all sides.
- Wipe the measuring cup and the brush/tools that you have used with a paper towel
- Rinse tools with warm water and soap
- Dry all tools with paper towels – once thoroughly dry they are ready for reuse!
USING THINNER, ACETONE, OR ALCOHOL – Tools Needed & How-to:
- thinner or acetone or alcohol (follow safety warnings on solvents and provide adequate ventilation)
- clean cloth or paper towel
- Using the solvent selected & paper towels, wipe down tools of excessive material
- Wash materials with soap and hot water (this works with plastic stir sticks, epoxy resin spreaders, and mixing cups)